Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
SILA is the Los Angeles Club of an international organization of professional and business women who strive to improve the lives of women and girls in their local communities and throughout the world.
Field of Study: Open, but consideration will be given to the candidate’s potential contribution to society.
Competition is open to women who are citizens of the United States and residents of the State of California. Preference will be given to young women completing their graduate education rather than to those making career changes.
- A candidate must have received a Bachelor’s degree (or will receive it prior to the next academic year).
- Be (or will be during the next academic year) enrolled in a graduate degree (Master’s or Doctor’s) program at an accredited institution of higher education in Los Angeles County.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- Have financial need.
- Have performed services for her community.
- File completed application materials, including official college transcript(s) of all upper division (junior and senior years) and graduate level work, and three letters of recommendation.
A personal interview, to be held in March, is required of the final candidates. The candidate selected will be notified shortly after the interviews and must be available to accept the award at a designated luncheon meeting to be held in March or April.